Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rating System

If root beers are to be reviewed on this site than there needs to be a rating system.

Being that I am a professor, it would only make sense to give the brews a letter grade. The best root beers will of course receive an "A +" and the worst ones will get an "F -". This is a great system to use , because we all have used this at some point or another.
I've seen that some unaware and ill-informed bloggers have held A & W or IBC as the standard by which to grade all other root beers. I promised you that my reviews will not stoop to this level of ignorance.

When I judge a brew I will focus on the complete package. I may comment on the smell, carbonation, after-taste, packaging, and foam among other things. But the bottom-line for any review is taste. I could review a brew that falls short in packaging, smell, and foam, but if the taste is killer than I am going to give it a good letter grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment