Saturday, February 27, 2010

Natural Brew Draft Root Beer

When I began reviewing root beers about ten years ago this was one of the first root beers I reviewed. In Virginia this was so plentiful, but in the north this is the first I have seen.

I think that this is what an "all-natural" root beer should taste like. Too many root beers end up tasting the same, but this has a unique flavor that sets it apart. I know that some people think it is nasty, but I could drink a lot of this brew. It is a very creamy beer which stems from the bourbon vanilla extract - and to me the wintergreen and the birch oil really stand out - but not in offensive "in your face" kind of way. Other special ingredients include anise, sarsaparilla, and licorice root. It has a light root beer color, a small head, and a really (I mean really) light carbonation. It also keeps below the 40 g of sugar threshold (it weighs in at 39 g of sugar).

My youngest little professor said that she loves it and that it tastes super!! And I have to agree.

I give this brew a
B

No comments:

Post a Comment